A thriving micro- and small business community needs infrastructure, eg. roads, buildings, business-friendly policies, capital, eg. funds to build businesses, and knowledge, skill and expertise. It takes time to develop these three elements. The Yarrabah Aboriginal Council is committed to developing opportunities for the community to develop businesses.
The 2018 Yarrabah Enterprise Training program involves face-to-face workshops, local mentoring and 3 months of online mentoring.
Workshops 17th – 21st September 2018
Day 1: Are you ready? Business planning & strategy
Day 2: Business systems and legal issues
Day 3: Budgeting and bookkeeping for small business
Day 4: Marketing
Day 5: Are you ready? Reflection
Where: Yarrabah Library
When: 10am – 4pm (Mon – Thursday) and 10am – 2pm (Friday)
- We will facilitate local mentoring for participants.
- From mid-September – mid-December, we will facilitate online group mentoring for participants via a secret Facebook group (to be confirmed) available to the trainers and participants only.
Resources and materials
- As part of our training, participants will receive a range of resources – templates, worksheets, as well as links to relevant web resources.
Deadline for registration (for catering and resources) is 14th September 2018
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Call or text 0421 697 733, or
- via Eventbrite