Having a digital presence for your business is fundamental to business. Whether it’s a simple ‘brochure’ site or a fully-fledged app, small businesses need to be found online and function in a digital space. The Advancing Queensland Small Business Digital Grant was created to help small business access technology and services.
The grant is a matched funding program where the Queensland Government will match dollar-for-dollar the amount spent up to $10,000 (excluding GST).
What kinds of services are eligible for the Queensland Small Business Digital Grant?
- digital marketing and social media
- digital content (web pages, mobile apps, media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning and advice / training
What are they looking for?
In applying you must be able to include:
- a detailed quote for the digital technology or service for which you are seeking funding
- clear outline of how the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and make the business more competitive
- details of the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business, for example revenue growth cost saving, time savings, employment outcomes
- a declaration of employee headcount
- confirmation and breakdown of your matched financial contribution.
Who can apply?
All Queensland-based small businesses can apply. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and help them to be more competitive. Eligibility criteria are:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent
- The participating business must provide OSB with a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business. Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project. Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
The first grant round closes on the 9th December 2016, with another three rounds anticipated throughout 2017 in March, June and November.
This is a fantastic initiative from the Queensland Government to support small businesses to improve their efficiency and business opportunities through digital technology. If you would like to have a chat with us about an application now or in the future, we’d love to help.
Relevant to this grant Iscariot Media can assist specifically with:
- Digital/Social Media Marketing and advice
- Technology advice and upgrades
- Website development